Space and Time for Artists of all painting abilities to gather ~ sit, paint & share; who could ask for anything more! The Lyric Art Colony is a group of Artists with a love and appreciation for the Arts, and in particular, painting! The is open to all painters and meets every week.
Thursdays ~ 12:00pm-2:30pm at The Lyric First Stage Art Gallery,
510 Chestnut Street, downtown Virginia
A free-will donation is sincerely appreciated!
Visual Arts Classes 2020
Learn techniques and a few tricks too while you create these beautiful Minnesota landscape watercolor paintings. Enjoy a fun and relaxing weekend workshop with popular watercolor artist, Sarah Guy-Levar! Leave your supply list for someone else’s class behind. Sarah will provide everything you need including high quality paper, professional quality paints and all the brushes you will need too. Space is limited so register now.
Saturday, January 25th, 9:00am-4:00pm & Sunday, January 26th, 9:00am-4:00pm
at The Lyric First Stage Art Gallery,
510 Chestnut Street, downtown Virginia
Cost: $235 ~ Sarah’s Watercolor Workshop
The Lyric’s First Stage Art Gallery
The Lyric is committed to providing the space and environment for established Artists and emerging Artists alike to exhibit their work. Facilitating artistic expression while creating opportunities for economic growth for both the artist and our community is what we do. The First Stage Art Gallery has been exhibiting works by Artists from across the region and the northern US since 2006. Each month the gallery showcases a new exhibit and includes an Artist’s Reception.
Lyric’s First Stage Art Gallery hours
11:00 am – 3:00 pm
Thursday, Friday & Saturday
The First Stage Art Gallery – 510 Chestnut Street
2020 Gallery Exhibits
NOT ALL INFORMATION IN THIS SECTION IS CURRENT ~ CHECK BACK FOR UPDATES!
2020 Call to Artists!
YOUR work is WANTED and NEEDED!
Your artwork has always had an impact on the quality of life in our area. Once again, with Lyric’s “small works BIG AUCTION,” that impact can be even greater with the donation of your “small” work of art for the development of new gallery and performance spaces!
For Lyric’s 2nd Annual, “small works BIG AUCTION,” we want to fill the walls of the First Stage Gallery with small works of art, no bigger than 12” in any direction. Can you donate one or more small works of art? Paintings, sketches, collages, wood carvings, sculpture, drawings, jewelry, photographs, fiber art…..all are being requested. The 2020 Silent Auction & Exhibit will begin November 7th culminating with the final Gala Reception the end of November.
100% of the “small works BIG AUCTION” proceeds will be used to create new gallery & performance spaces!
Please Create and Donate that special small piece as we work to provide New Gallery and Performance Spaces for all!
A Special offer to Artists!
Take advantage of the Prime Opportunity to show and sell your work during the height of the shopping season and, as a Holiday Gift to participating Artisans, the standard gallery commissions are reduced!
During the Holiday Artists Market the Lyric Center for the Arts members commission will be reduced to just 15%; for non-members it’s 25%! As a bonus, if you spend at least 1 shift at the gallery during the Holiday Artists Market the commission will be reduced by an additional 5%!
The Lyric First Stage Gallery is a great place for holiday shoppers to see and buy the many unique works of art and crafts you and other regional Artisans have to offer! We will promote the Artists Market from Thursday, November 28 which will include Small Business Saturday, November 30 and continue on through the end of December. We have great success with one-of-a-kind locally made works in the $100 or less range.
Join us for the Lyric Center for the Arts, Holiday Artists Market; Your work could be the perfect gift many holiday shoppers are looking for!
How to participate in the Holiday Artists Market? Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- your name
- what your art media is
- price point
- attach 3 to 6 photos of samples of your work
- inquiries accepted through November 23
- work delivered to the Lyric by November 25.
Please feel free to share this information with your circle of creative friends!
THE FOLLOWING CALL TO ARTISTS
WILL BE UPDATE AS DETAILS BECOME FINALIZED.
The First Stage Gallery will be seeking traditional and non-traditional creative expressions for an exhibit in .Submitted art must be reflective of the springtime melt of snow and ice from forests, rivers or lakes!
Proposed work for exhibition be submitted as follows:
- Submit electronically to email@example.com
- Include contact information and a statement about why and how you create your work
- Attach your bio
- Attach quality digital image(s) of the piece(s) proposed for this exhibit, or representative work if piece is not currently completed. Please label images in this format: name-Title-Year completed.jpg
- Do not submit links to on-line galleries or send by text.
- Note if the work has been exhibited at another venue (where and when), and whether the work will be for sale with the size, price and media.
- Proposals are due to be announced.
Proposals will be reviewed and notifications will be sent to artists by . . . . to be announced.
Questions: Contact Mary McReynolds 218-780-3690.
This is not a juried exhibit.
Work will be selected based on space and adherence to the Open Water theme.
All are welcome!
The First Stage Gallery ~ Lyric Center for the Arts
510 Chestnut Street
PO Box 416
Virginia, MN 55792
Call for Artists
- A written narrative about your artwork – please include whether the work has been exhibited at another venue, (where and when), and whether the work will be for sale with approximate price points.
- Artist Statements
- Artist Bio
- Digital images of artwork(s) you would like to have in the exhibit. If it’s a work in progress send 6-8 images that are representative of the exhibition proposal. Please label images in this format: ArtistName-Title-Size-YearCompleted.jpg
- Entry fee of $5 for each proposed image. Entry Fee Link
Proposals Submitted Electronically are preferred to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Annual Range Exhibit: DEADLINE:
Call for FEATURED ARTISTS in 2021!
Artists interested in applying for a solo or group exhibition should submit:
- Written proposal outlining the exhibition – please include whether the work has been exhibited at another venue (where and when) and whether the work will be for sale (with approximate price points)
- Artist Statement(s) for all participating artists if a group proposal
- Bio(s) for all participating artists
- Proposal statement for exhibition
- 6 – 12 digital images of artist’s work that are representative of the exhibition proposal. Please label images in this format: Artist name-Title-Year completed.jpg
Proposals due date: .
Proposals will be reviewed and notifications will be sent to artists on or about December. Proposals made electronically are preferred to: email@example.com
To print this information:
If proposals must be mailed, please make sure they will be received by December 15th. Mail to Lyric Center for the Arts, Atten: Mary, PO Box 416, Virginia, MN 55792
Questions: Contact us by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: Submissions will be requested by e-mail at later dates for two juried group exhibits in May (Open Water theme) and August (Iron Range theme.) To be included in notification, please send your e-mail address to us at email@example.com
The First Stage Gallery has been exhibiting fine art from local and regional artists since 2006. To find out more about the gallery and the Lyric Center for the Arts check out https://www.lyriccenteronline.org/visual-arts/
We hope you’ll consider exhibiting your work with us next year!
Mary McReynolds, Executive Director
To receive future E-mail notices,
please send a note to firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll be happy to add you to our list!